Master and apply both the technical and behavioral skills you need to succeed in manufacturing or service operations, anywhere in your supply chain! Now, there’s an authoritative and comprehensive guide to best-practice manufacturing and service operations in any organization. Co-authored by a leading expert alongside the the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), this reference describes the planning, organizing, controlling, directing, motivating and coordinating functions used to produce goods or services. The Definitive Guide to Manufacturing and Service Operations covers long-term strategic decisions; mid-term tactical decisions; and even short-term operational decisions. Topics discussed include:
- Basic manufacturing and service operations concepts, purposes, terminology, roles, and goals
- Key elements, processes, and interactions, including facility, material, and labor requirements planning; scheduling; and continuous process and quality improvement
- Principles, strategies and planning for efficient, effective, and sustainable operations: facilities, production, processes, layout, lead capacity, technology, personnel, measurement, compensation, sustainability, and more
- Technology for better manufacturing and service operations: MRP II, service systems, ERP, planning, execution, and cost management.
- Global manufacturing and service operations: LCCs, logistics, labor, financial issues, decisionmaking, contract performance, risk management, and regulation
- Best practices for assessing performance using standard metrics and frameworks: KPIs, tradeoff analysis, scorecarding, dashboards, and exception management
List Price: $ 99.99