Build hybrid data solutions with the power of Microsoft Azure Data Factory v2
- Combine the power of Azure Data Factory v2 and SQL Server Integration Services
- Enhance the performance and scalability of a modern ETL hybrid solution
- Use Power BI to interact with the data loaded in data warehouse and data lake
ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) is an essential technique for data processing. Given that data is everywhere and ever increasing, ETL will always be a vital process for handling data from different sources.
Hands-On Data Warehousing with Azure Data Factory starts by covering the basic concepts of data warehousing and the ETL process. You’ll learn how Azure Data Factory (ADF) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) can be used to understand the key components of an ETL solution. The book will then take you through different Azure services that can be used by ADF and SSIS, such as Azure Data Lake Analytics, machine learning, and Databrick’s Spark with the help of practical examples. Furthermore, you’ll explore how to design and implement ETL hybrid solutions using a variety of Integration Services. Finally, you’ll use Power BI to interact with data coming from multiple sources to reveal valuable insights.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned how to build your own ETL solutions and address the key challenges in the process.
What you will learn
- Understand the key components of an ETL solution using Azure Data Factory and Integration Services
- Set up, use, and interact with Azure Artifacts from an SSIS 2017 perspective
- Design the architecture of a modern ETL hybrid solution
- Implement ETL solutions using Integration Services for both on-premises and Azure data
- Improve the performance and scalability of your ETL solution
- Explore the new capabilities and features added to Azure Data Factory and Integration Services
Who This Book Is For
This book is for you if you are a software professional who develops and implements ETL solutions using Microsoft SQL Server or Azure cloud. You’ll also find this book helpful if you’re a software engineer, DW/ETL architect, or ETL developer who wants to create a new ETL implementation or enhance an existing one with ADF or SSIS.
Table of Contents
- Azure Data Factory
- Getting Started with Our First Data Factory
- ADF and SSIS in PaaS
- Azure Data Lake
- Machine Learning on the Cloud
- Sparks with Databrick
- Power BI reports
List Price: $ 44.99