Business Planning: Financing the Start-Up Business and Venture Capital Financing, Third Edition uses a simulated deal format that is drawn from the “deal-files” of real world practicing lawyers. It integrates the teaching of transactional lawyering skills with the presentation of new substantive law that is critical to the success of a junior corporate lawyer practicing in a transactional setting. The book gives students an overview of the range of substantive law that lawyers representing new businesses need to be versed in. To bridge the gap between law school and practice, the authors integrate excerpts from sources authored by experienced practitioners, thus bringing practical and real-world insights to students. Shannon Treviño joins as co-author on the new edition.
- Integrated teaching of transactional lawyering skills with the presentation of substantive law that is critical to the success of a junior corporate lawyer practicing in a transactional setting.
- Analysis of both the legal issues and the business considerations that must be taken in to account in planning the structure and negotiating the terms of a capital raising transaction for an early stage company.
- A simulated deal format to provide a real-world appreciation of the “life cycle of a deal,” with a new simulated client whose business is focused on addressing a need in the autonomous vehicle industry, which presents a timely topic for faculty to engage with students on at every juncture of the course.
- Graded memo assignments that are representative of the work assignments expected of a junior corporate lawyer practicing in a transactional setting and that relate directly to the substantive material that is part of the casebook reading assignments.
- A thoroughly revised Chapter 4 regarding federal securities laws, incorporating numerous legislative changes that have been adopted or have become effective since the publication of the second edition.
- Significant additions to Chapter 8, including an updated overview of venture capital and a broader discussion of the capital formation process prior to venture capital financing.
List Price: $ 251.00
Price: $ 129.05
Related Business Planning Books